military-dating

Princess Diana killed by UK special forces? 'Hogwash' and 'utter …

LONDON — The ravings of a deluded special forces soldier, hogwash and utter nonsense. Those were just some of the judgments passed on the claim that members of U.K. s elite special forces regiment, the SAS, were behind the murder of Princess Diana.

Even the reporter who broke the news said Monday that he doubted the allegation was true. But it was a story that caught the imagination of the many in the U.K. – where Diana’s death had an impact similar to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy – jumping to the top of most popular lists on media websites.

And the claim is being taken seriously enough to prompt police action. When asked to comment on whether they were looking into alleged SAS involvement, London s Metropolitan Police confirmed officers were scoping information that has recently been received in relation to the deaths and assessing its relevance and credibility. This is not a re-investigation, police stressed in a statement, noting a jury had decided in 2008 that Diana and her boyfriend Dodi Al Fayed were unlawfully killed because of the grossly negligent driving of the following vehicles and of the Mercedes in which they were travelling.

EPA/Paul Vicente The death of Diana, Princess of Wales, pictured in July 1997 a few weeks before the car crash that killed her, led to an outpouring of national grief in the U.K. Driver Henri Paul was found to have been over the legal alcohol limit when the car crashed in a tunnel in Paris on Aug.

31, 1997, while it was being followed by paparazzi photographers. Paul also died.

The claim that the SAS was involved in Diana s death emerged over the weekend in a report in the Sunday People newspaper 1 . It was allegedly made by a member of the SAS, known as Soldier N, according to a letter sent to his commanding officer by the parents of his wife. In the letter, they complained Soldier N was threatening to kill them and intimidate their daughter.

The letter emerged during a court martial of a former SAS soldier who was found to have illegally possessed a gun. However, the abbreviation “SAS” – for Special Air Service 2 – was redacted and replaced with Xs before it was given to the court. He also told her the daughter that it was the XXX who arranged Princess Diana s death and that has been covered up, the letter said, according to the respected Channel 4 News, which has seen the letter 3 .

So what chance do my daughter and I stand against his threats? The letter went on to say that the soldier had admitted killing women and children while serving with the SAS. He insists on telling us about his killing escapades whilst working in his job.

How he has killed women and children and a priest, whose big toe kept on wiggling although he was dead, it said. Jobson told NBC s TODAY on Monday that there s no evidence to support the idea Diana was killed by the SAS. If Princess Diana had been wearing a seatbelt, she would have lived.

So how on earth could this be an assassination? he said. The reality is Princess Diana wasn t murdered.

She was driven by a drunk driver at high speed being chased by the paparazzi. On Twitter 4 , Jobson said Soldier N had let his regiment down by talking such hogwash, describing him as clearly a deluded member of the SAS who needs a little TLC. Jobson and Sean Rayment 5 , a respected defense and security journalist who wrote the story in the Sunday People, were embroiled Monday in a Twitter spat over the story.

This really is ridiculous. Secret services bumped Diana off. No they didn t, Jobson tweeted at Rayment, slamming it as tabloid hype.

Rayment responded with Did you read the story? and defended it by saying he was simply reporting the SAS soldier s claim. Nothing personal Sean, Jobson replied.

But just my view. It is August. There has been 16 years of this rubbish.

I don’t think anyone actually believes the SAS killed D. But the claim was made by a member of the Reg, Rayment said. Actually Sean after your story there will be some people who believe it.

That is the point, Jobson hit back. Dai Davies, former head of the royal protection team, told ITV News 6 that the deaths were an accident by any definition, and three separate inquiries … have come to the same independent conclusion.

I am absolutely convinced this was an accident so I’m mystified, after 13 years, how any new information can possibly allege anything other than this was a tragic accident, he said. And Colonel Tim Collins, a former SAS officer, told the Mirror newspaper that the claims were utter nonsense 7 . However, there are some who insist there was a conspiracy, chiefly Mohamed Al Fayed, Dodi’s father.

The wealthy former owner of London’s Harrods department store has accused British spy agency MI6 and Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth, of being behind the deaths of Diana and his son. A spokeswoman for Al Fayed said in an emailed statement that he had no comment to give on the latest claims. However, she added: He notes the Metropolitan Police’s statement that it is investigating and trusts that their investigation will be thorough and awaits the outcome with interest.

Related: First published February 3 2014, 5:40 PM References ^ in a report in the Sunday People newspaper (www.mirror.co.uk) ^ for Special Air Service (www.sasregiment.org.uk) ^ according to the respected Channel 4 News, which has seen the letter (www.channel4.com) ^ On Twitter (twitter.com) ^ Sean Rayment (twitter.com) ^ told ITV News (www.itv.com) ^ utter nonsense (www.mirror.co.uk)

See more here:
Princess Diana killed by UK special forces? 'Hogwash' and 'utter …

Alresford man to join Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment …

A WINCHESTER man s efforts have finally paid off and have seen him through to the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment. Source: http://www.hampshirechronicle.co.uk/news/10944624.Alresford_man_to_join_Princess_of_Wales__Royal_Regiment/?ref=rss 1 Other posts from this source: Hampshire Chronicle | News 2 Tags: princess of wales royal regiment , the Princess of Wales’ Royal Regiment 3 4 This entry was posted on January 17, 2014 at 10:20 and is filed under Hampshire Chronicle 5 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 6 feed.

References ^ http://www.hampshirechronicle.co.uk/news/10944624.Alresford_man_to_join_Princess_of_Wales__Royal_Regiment/?ref=rss (www.hampshirechronicle.co.uk) ^ Read other posts by Hampshire Chronicle | News (hampshirelocalnews.co.uk) ^ princess of wales royal regiment (hampshirelocalnews.co.uk) ^ the Princess of Wales’ Royal Regiment (hampshirelocalnews.co.uk) ^ View all posts in Hampshire Chronicle (hampshirelocalnews.co.uk) ^ RSS 2.0 (hampshirelocalnews.co.uk)

Link:
Alresford man to join Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment …

Princess of Wales' Own Regiment's 150th year honoured by Canada …

Military unit that formed in 1863 continues to represent the Canadian Forces April 9, 2013 (Ottawa) The 150th anniversary of a military unit involved in many high-profile Canadian missions has been recognized by Canada Post with the launch of a new commemorative stamp. The Princess of Wales Own Regiment, which formed in Kingston, Ont., pre-dates Confederation with its creation in 1863 and continues to play an active role in the Canadian Forces. The Regiment s contributions dating back to the 1860s through to the recent Canadian mission in Afghanistan are truly commendable, says the Honourable Steven Fletcher, Minister of State (Transport).

This resilient element of our military history deserves this recognition for its efforts over the last 150 years to help make Canada the best country in the world in which to live. The Regiment s first deployment came in 1866 when it was sent to the Niagara region to deter Fenian attacks from the United States and its members have served as part of the Canadian Forces in every major conflict since. During the Second World War, members of the Regiment joined the Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Highlanders widely known as the Glens and landed at Juno Beach on D-Day.

The group also served in many other missions, including the Boer War, the Korean War and numerous peacekeeping operations. The timeline theme to the stamp is a fitting depiction of the evolution of this great regiment, says Deepak Chopra, President and CEO of Canada Post. For 150 years, the Princess of Wales Own Regiment has continued to adapt and remains relevant today.

About the stamp Designed by Dave Sasha of Sputnik Design, the Princess of Wales Own Regiment stamps measure 40 mm x 30 mm (horizontal) with simulated perforations. The Permanent domestic stamps are printed by Lowe-Martin on Tullis Russell paper using seven-colour lithography. The stamps are pressure sensitive and the Official First Day Cover will feature a cancel from Kingston, Ont.

Two million stamps featuring the Regiment have been produced and are sold in booklets of 10. Also available is a framed print of the 2013 regimental stamp, which displays the Regiment s motto Nunquam Cede (Never Yield). To download an image of the stamp, please click here 1 .

To purchase philatelic products, visit canadapost.ca/shop 2 .

References ^ here (www.canadapost.ca) ^ canadapost.ca/shop (www.canadapost.ca)

More:
Princess of Wales' Own Regiment's 150th year honoured by Canada …

Login

Categories

Website Visitors

013542
Visit Today : 250
Visit Yesterday : 440
This Month : 3542
This Year : 3542
Total Visit : 3542
Hits Today : 11664
Total Hits : 157626
Who's Online : 8