navy

Local regiment to parade through Brighton and Hove for Armed …

The Princess of Wales s Royal Regiment 1 is to mark Armed Forces Day tomorrow (Saturday 28 June) with a parade in Brighton and Hove. The regiment s 1st Battalion and the Band of the Blues and Royals will march from the Peace Statue in Hove to New Road in Brighton. The soldiers will set off from the Peace Statue at 11am and march along the seafront, up West Street and down North Street before reaching New Road at about 11.20am.

There will also be a veterans and cadets parade and inspection in New Road with more events during the day. These include musical performances by the Vintage Hot Five and the Rockabellas between noon and 4pm, information stands and talks and children s performances in the Brighton Unitarian Church 2 in New Road. The parade and performances are part of a programme of civic and community events taking place this summer as Brighton and Hove commemorates the 100th anniversary of the First World War.

For more information visit http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/press-release/d-day-and-world-war-one-commemorations 3 and http://www.visitbrighton.com/first-world-war 4 . The Princess of Wales s Royal Regiment, which has local roots, was awarded the Freedom of Brighton and Hove in 1996. One of its predecessor regiments, the Royal Sussex Regiment, was granted the Freedom of Brighton in 1944 and Hove in 1958 when the two towns were run by separate councils.

Brighton and Hove City Council 5 said: Rolling road closures will be put in place along the route from 10.50am while the march takes place, with the aim of keeping disruption to a minimum.

References ^ Princess of Wales s Royal Regiment (www.army.mod.uk) ^ Brighton Unitarian Church (www.brightonunitarian.org.uk) ^ http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/press-release/d-day-and-world-war-one-commemorations (www.brighton-hove.gov.uk) ^ http://www.visitbrighton.com/first-world-war (www.visitbrighton.com) ^ Brighton and Hove City Council (www.brighton-hove.gov.uk)

View original post here:
Local regiment to parade through Brighton and Hove for Armed …

the iranian embassy siege briefing scale model as used by b

HERE IS A UNIQUE REPLICA SCALE MODEL OF THE IRANIAN EMBASSY AS WAS CONSTRUCTED AND USED BY B SQUADRON 22 SAS REGIMENT IN THE RUN-UP TO THE FINAL ASSAULT ON 5 MAY 1980 . RESULTING IN THE KILLING OF 5 OF THE 6 TERRORISTS AND THE RELEASE OF THE REMAINING 19 HOSTAGES . THIS BEING KINDLY HAND BUILT BY FORMER A SQUADRON FREEFALL TROOPER BOB PODESTA FOR DISPLAY AT LITTLEDEAN JAIL S SAS WHO DARES WINS EXHIBITION .

THE MODEL HAS BEEN FURTHER CUSTOMISED WITH THE HELP OF PAUL BRIDGMAN WITH THE INCLUSION OF THE VARIOUS FIGURES DEPICTING HOSTAGES, TERRORISTS (ALL IN GREEN JACKETS AND BLACK CLOTHING ), THE SAS TROOPERS AND RESERVES STORMING THE EMBASSY BUILDING AND VARIOUS OTHER SCENES RELATING TO THE EVENT .

About these ads 1 References ^ About these ads (en.wordpress.com)

View article:
the iranian embassy siege briefing scale model as used by b

UK police rule out new investigation into Princess Diana's death …

By Richa Naidu and Belinda Goldsmith, Reuters LONDON — British police on Tuesday ruled out reopening an investigation into the death of Princess Diana in a Paris car crash in 1997 after examining an accusation the elite British commando regiment was involved in her death. Ian Langsdon / EPA, file People admire a makeshift memorial created in August 2013 for Princess Diana near where she died in Paris. London’s Metropolitan Police said in August they were assessing new information about the deaths of Diana, Dodi al Fayed and their driver after a high speed car chase with paparazzi photographers through the streets of Paris.

Media reports at the time said the police had been passed new information from the parents-in-law of a former soldier. “Whilst there is a possibility the alleged comments in relation to the SAS’s involvement in the deaths may have been made, there is no credible evidence to support a theory that such claims had any basis in fact,” police said in a statement. The police concluded that there “is no evidential basis upon which to open any criminal investigation.” The funeral of Diana, who had divorced heir-to-the-throne Prince Charles in 1996, brought huge crowds onto the streets of London. Dodi’s father, Mohammed al Fayed, the former owner of Harrods department store, alleged that the couple had been killed on the orders of the British establishment.

But an investigation by a former head of London police, John Stevens, concluded there was no evidence of murder and that their driver, Henri Paul, had been drunk and going too fast. A 2008 inquest in London returned a verdict of unlawful killing and said Paul and the photographers were to blame for the deaths on August 31 in a Paris tunnel but speculation has continued in tabloid newspapers of an assassination plot. Investigators in France have also dismissed allegations of murder and in 2008 Mohammed al Fayed announced he was abandoning his 10-year campaign to prove the couple were murdered.

A Royal spokesman has said there would be no comment.

Related: First published December 17 2013, 2:22 AM Richa Naidu and Belinda Goldsmith, Reuters Expand Bio 1 References ^ Expand Bio (www.nbcnews.com)

Originally posted here:
UK police rule out new investigation into Princess Diana's death …

Login

Categories

Website Visitors

052960
Visit Today : 243
Visit Yesterday : 418
This Month : 9838
This Year : 42960
Total Visit : 42960
Hits Today : 3063
Total Hits : 1976793
Who's Online : 11